Scrapbook Page for Robert de BULKELEY


Bulkley Hall

Southwest of the town of Bulkeley on Bulkeley Hall Lane is a large manor house called Bulkeley Hall. Robert de Bulkileh was lord of this manor in 1200. His son William received a quitclaim from his two sisters in 1233 that provides solid evidence of their ownership of the property at that time. The family retained ownership of the manor for several generations (and through several surname variations) until Peter de Bulkylegh (b abt 1325), who held Haughton, Cheshire, in right of his wife, Nichola le Brid, moved there with his family.
picture